Source: Ahram Online
- If no candidate managed to secure the total number of votes, then the runoffs will include the top two professionals and the top two workers.
- If the winner in the first round was a professional, the top two worker/farmer candidates compete in a second round.
- If the first winner was a worker/farmer, the next two candidates with the highest votes compete in a second round irrespective of their category
- If two candidates were elected in the first round and were both professional then only the one with the highest number of votes will be chosen and the top two worker/farmer candidates will compete in a second round.
6 lists, 4 seats in contention
|The Revolution Continues|
|Freedom and Justice|
|The Egyptian Bloc|
Because the revolution continues got more than the quota or cost for one seat, it is awarded a seat. The rest of the parties did not get enough votes to secure one seat. So where do the remaining three seats go? They go to the largest remainders after the full votes for a complete seat are subtracted.
- Number of elected individual seats: 166 (1/3 of total seats)
- Number of elected list seats: 332 (2/3 of total seats)
- Total Number of elected seats: 498
- Percentage of seats that must be allocated to farmers/workers: At least 50 %
- Total number of electoral districts / constituencies for lists: 46
- Total number of electoral districts / constituencies for individuals: 83
- 15 districts have four seats
- One district has six seats
- 19 districts have eight seats
- Nine districts have 10 seats
- Two districts have 12 seats